Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting things rolling

Since the beginning of the month we have filled out and submitted our application, completed the health inspection, prepared for the fire inspection (hopefully that will be soon), and have attended one of two classes that are required through our agency (the other is on the 30th). It really feels like things are moving along I try to get everything done that the agency asks of us in hopes that the sooner I do it the sooner we become a family.

As the process drives on I have more and more conflicting emotions. I still feel somewhat robbed that we have not been able to have a biological child. I feel angry when I see parents that are abusing their children or do not seem to appreciate the gift that they have. I know in my heart I am meant to be a mommy but I sometimes wonder if I am truly ready for it. I remember having the same feelings when I was pregnant. We tried so hard to get to that point then I would freak out thinking how I was going to be responsible for someone else.

We are looking forward to February. We have been told that if we can get our fire inspection turned in soon that we could be on the list for a February home study which means that we could very well be approved by the end of Feb or beginning of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment